August 3, 2011

Birthday Part 3 {Ladies Brunch}


Ever since I realized that my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, I knew I wanted to have a ladies only brunch out at Greenlake.  We'd take over the picnic tables, I'd set up little mason jars with flowers, and we'd have a fabulous time drinking mimosas and posing for Diana pictures.  Well, it didn't quite turn out that way.  I woke up Sunday morning (after one of the warmest days Seattle has seen this year) to grey skies and chilly weather.  With several frantic texts to Erika and a look at the hourly weather forecast, we determined that it would still be warm enough for an outdoor brunch, just like I had planned.  However, as the ladies started to arrive, so did the rain.  Erika, quick and crafty as she is, immediately started pulling down blankets from the closet and removing everything from the floor of my living room to create the most perfect indoor picnic that I could ask for.  It ended up being even better than I had imagined.  Everyone brought yummy treats to go with the quiche and salad I made, and we toasted with bellinis and mimosas and shared lots of Trophy cupcakes.  These girls are the best, and I'm so happy I got to spend my birthday with them :)

our makeshift picnic


bad picture, but delicious food




bellini toast


erin's awkward laugh + self timer makes for the best pictures



xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment