July 8, 2011

Chicago {Hancock Tower & The Purple Pig}

it started out as a warm sunny evening...


After our first (long) day in Chicago, Leslie and I met up with Josh for drinks, food, and lots of laughs.  We started out at The Signature Lounge on the 96th floor of the Hancock Tower, where we sipped martinis and took in one of the craziest storms I've ever seen.  The tower was swaying and at one point, we couldn't even see out the window.  Though a bit scary, it was one of my favorite things I experienced on the trip.  After drinks, we headed to Chicago's newest hot spot, The Purple Pig, for wine and tapas.  We were drooling over each course and the atmosphere in the restaurant was cozy and familiar.  I would highly recommend it.  But the best part?  Spending the evening laughing and reminiscing with Josh, who I don't see nearly enough.  I love that guy :)

then it got darker...


and the clouds started rolling in....


and this is what we saw out the window!


afterwards, we watched the craziest lightning storm over the lake


The Purple Pig with Josh


milk braised pork shoulder w/mashed potatoes & roasted beets w/whipped goat cheese & pistachio vinaigrette


running home in the rain storm


miss you, Josh!


xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment