April 11, 2011

My Oh My!



Friday night was the Mariner's home opener, and in keeping with tradition, I met mom, dad and nana at the stadium for the game.  The highlight of the evening were the pre-game festivities honoring Dave Niehaus, the voice of the Mariner's who passed away this past winter.  The tribute was emotional, and his legendary "My Oh My" was imprinted just above 2nd base for everyone to see.  With a packed stadium (dad and I agreed that we had never seen that many people in line for a hot dog), a sunny afternoon, and a sense of spring in the air, it was tough to watch the team lose so horribly on Opening Day (giving up 10 runs in one inning!).  But with the season underway, I'm already excited to spend summer nights in the beer garden with good friends and a (hopefully) better team.  Go M's!

me and nana


the brand new street sign outside the stadium




my oh my


if only he was really that close


edgar and ichiro


the highlight of my night - rick, the peanut guy


xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment