February 7, 2011

Dip-A-Palooza 7


Dip-a-palooza is an event not to be missed.  It's more like an institution.  For the past 7 years (4 of which I've attended), Holden has thrown the party of the year on Superbowl Sunday.  To gain entrance into the party, one must possess a dip to share with other party-goers.  Some are in it to win it, while others tend to sneak in with a less than desirable contribution.  The rules are simple: bring a dip, vote for your top 3, and winners will be announced at half time.  Before this year, the best finish I've had was 5th place.  Not bad, but not good.  I've seen great friends (Erika, Jaison, James) win year after year, and this year, I decided I was going to step it up a notch.  I went with a no fail recipe, The Pioneer Woman's Chile Con Queso Revved Up.  Though never having personally tried it, what can go wrong with Velveeta, sausage, and lots of peppers.  Nothing.  Nothing can go wrong.  I had guest after guest approach me, telling me how amazing my dip was and how they couldn't help but go back for seconds, thirds, and then some.  I was confident that this was the year my name would be engraved on the coveted DAP plaque.  When Holden and I were called up to the front of the room at halftime, having the top 2 dips of the day, I knew I had it in the bag.  Holden had made a dessert dip - "a dessert dip?" you say -Those never win!  I waited for Aaron to call my name and declare me DAP 2011 champion.  I even had my winners smile ready!  Alas, it wasn't meant to be.  Perhaps it was the plethera of cheese dips that made people run for the sweet one to cleanse their palate.  Or maybe it was that mine was stuck in the corner of the kitchen, where some didn't dare to venture.  Or it could've been that my friend Holden made one heck of a dip.  Either way, 2nd place is ok with me.  Even though my dad says that 2nd place is actually 1st loser (thanks, Dad), I walk away even more determined to kick butt in 2012.  With a year to plan, the possibilties are endless.  I'll see you next year, DAP. 


voting


"football, food, glory"


may the best dip win


the anticipation builds


a champion is crowned


the second place dip

xoxo,
stephanie marie

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?!? you were ROBBED! robbed i tell you.

    ReplyDelete